NEWS – We are thrilled to finally announce that Sirona is on the move to the beautiful Dartington Hall Estate nr Totnes! It has been a very long slow process gaining the planning permission and finalising the lease but all is finally in place and we are now fundraising for the new centre – which is where all you wonderful people come in! Please donate towards our new stableblock on crowdfunder and share share share to make this dream home for Sirona happen!
Therapeutic Horsemanship is one of a range of activities where people learn about themselves, others and the world through their interaction with horses.
Equine Assisted Learning (EAL), Equine Assisted Therapy (EAT), Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) are commonly associated interventions and terms. At Sirona we offer TH, EAT and EAL with a fully qualified team of therapists and teachers, alongside staff with equine qualifications.
A relationship based on trust and partnership facilitates rewarding horse-human interaction. The approach taken by Sirona Therapeutic Horsemanship can be described as ‘positive horsemanship’ as both horse and person are simultaneously learner and teacher. The benefits of horse-human interaction are particularly felt by people for whom self-esteem, trust and confidence has posed challenges.
We work supporting people to:
• Examine behavioral issues in a non-confrontational way
• Increase self-esteem and self-confidence
• Increase verbal and non-verbal communication skills as well as assertiveness
• Develop trust, respect, boundaries and compassion
• Build a sense of responsibility and empowerment
• Develop transferable skills and provide an educational resource
• Improve physical health with the associated benefits to mental health
• Have fun!