Thank you very much to everyone who donated and/or shared our Crowdfunder campaign. We surpassed our target and reached: £10,505 – securing funds for the new stableblock.
We are still looking for funding for aspects of our groundworks. If you would like to help please contact Josie email@example.com /07977 271 628 or we are taking donations also through our paypal account. Thank you!
Therapeutic Horsemanship is one of a range of activities where people learn about themselves, others and the world through their interaction with horses.
Equine Assisted Learning (EAL), Equine Assisted Therapy (EAT), Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) and Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) are commonly associated interventions and terms. At Sirona we offer TH, EAT and EAL with a fully qualified team of therapists and teachers, alongside staff with equine qualifications.
A relationship based on trust and partnership facilitates rewarding horse-human interaction. The approach taken by Sirona Therapeutic Horsemanship can be described as ‘positive horsemanship’ as both horse and person are simultaneously learner and teacher. The benefits of horse-human interaction are particularly felt by people for whom self-esteem, trust and confidence has posed challenges.
We work supporting people to:
• Examine behavioral issues in a non-confrontational way
• Increase self-esteem and self-confidence
• Increase verbal and non-verbal communication skills as well as assertiveness
• Develop trust, respect, boundaries and compassion
• Build a sense of responsibility and empowerment
• Develop transferable skills and provide an educational resource
• Improve physical health with the associated benefits to mental health
• Have fun!